Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ben Hogan <bw...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/27 07:20:41 UTC

[newbie] test failures

Disclaimer: I have probably done something stupid here, but here it is anyway:

I used ant dist, and the jars seemed to download, now I get this:

There were 3 failures:
1) TestAutoParameters.xml(org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
Request #2/boolValue: Response does not contain string 'boolValue:
[false]'.
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.matchSubstring(MockTester.java:618)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeOutputAssertions(MockTester.java:517)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeAssertions(MockTester.java:369)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeRequest(MockTester.java:187)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.execute(MockTester.java:142)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks.runTest(TestMocks.java:52)
2) TestListenerBinding.xml(org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
Request #2/Page Title: Response does not contain string
'<title>Listener Binding</title>'.
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.matchSubstring(MockTester.java:618)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeOutputAssertions(MockTester.java:517)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeAssertions(MockTester.java:369)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeRequest(MockTester.java:187)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.execute(MockTester.java:142)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks.runTest(TestMocks.java:52)
3) TestSpecDelegate.xml(org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
Request #2/Error Message: Response does not contain string 'Component
'Unknown' not found in application namespace.'.
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.matchSubstring(Moc
kTester.java:618)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeOutputAssertions(MockTester.java:517)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeAssertions(MockTester.java:369)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.executeRequest(MockTester.java:187)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.MockTester.execute(MockTester.java:142)
    at org.apache.tapestry.junit.mock.TestMocks.runTest(TestMocks.java:52)

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 476,  Failures: 3,  Errors: 0

I run the TestMocks testcase in IntelliJ and I get:
Failed to invoke suite():java.lang.NullPointerException (gasp! has
intelliJ failed me?)

--
Ben Hogan
http://geekbeers.blogspot.com

Re: [newbie] test failures

Posted by Ben Hogan <bw...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:20:41 +1100, Ben Hogan <bw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I run the TestMocks testcase in IntelliJ and I get:
> Failed to invoke suite():java.lang.NullPointerException (gasp! has
> intelliJ failed me?)

The stupid thing I did here was to run the TestMocks test case in the
wrong directory,  This test requires that you are in the
"tapestry-3.0.1\junit" directory, so that the suite can get its xml
files to configure the suite.

Now the test is running in my IDE (yay!), but I get 73 out of 74
failures, most seem to be one of these kinds:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Request #1/Page Title : Response is null.

and

javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to parse application
specification classpath:/org/apache/tapestry/junit/mock/fail/Fail.application.

I'm stuck now, I'm going to browse the archives and see if I can RTFM.
Any suggestions welcome!