Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Abhishek Goel <Ab...@morganstanley.com> on 2002/09/04 20:15:13 UTC

Re: SAXParseException

your xml is not well formed..

NoSuchMethodException

Posted by Manish Shah <ma...@catylist.com>.
Hello,

I'm trying to use the evaluate() function in cocoon 2.0, which is a
saxon extension, but I get the following exception:

Error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: For extension function, could
not find method java.lang.String.evaluate([ExpressionContext,] ).;
SystemID:
file:/home/manish/cvs/ccimnet/app/src/web/console/profilers/agent/xsl/../../common/xsl/textfield.xsl; Line#: 46; Column#: -1

This used to work in cocoon 1.0. I am sure the latest saxon.jar file is
in my classpath. Any idea what else it could be?

Also: Ilya, thanks for the nullpointerexception suggestion. Turns out it
turns a nullpointerexception whenever there's any problem with the XSL
syntax.

Manish

Re: Setting up a pipeline for cocoon2

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Manish Shah wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>I am trying to get used to cocoon 2, and I'm not sure about how to do
>this. But I have a jsp file that references two other jsp files:
>

>    main.jsp contains:
>    framesrc=header.jsp
>    framesrc=body.jsp
>
>To create two frames.
>
>header.jsp and body.jsp outputs into a xml file.
>
>Do I tell the pipeline that header.jsp and body.jsp will be the generate
>src, or should I make it main.jsp? Or would it be something else?

See xml-cocoon\src\documentation\sitemap.xmap - it has an example of how
to construct page from navigation and body. Go through some tutorials,
for example ones at http://www.cocooncenter.org/

Vadim

Re: SAXParseException

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
There are multiple possibilities, at least using sitemap aggregation,
document() in XSL or cinclude/xinclude-transformer. And I would avoid using
naming conflicts (i.e. the file extension of included code snippets should
not be "xsl").

Regards,

Joerg

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG

Re: SAXParseException

Posted by Manish Shah <ma...@catylist.com>.

Re: SAXParseException

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Re: SAXParseException

Posted by Manish Shah <ma...@catylist.com>.
Ah whoops..

I forgot to mention we're at Cocoon 1.x. I"m looking into Cocoon 2.0,
but came across questions/problems... I may continue that route since I
found this list.

I tried from command line, and it was able to load it up fine.

What's a good stable version of Cocoon 2 to use? The version I was
trying with was missing batik libraries.

Thanks.

Manish

On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 14:13, Ilya A. Kriveshko wrote: Sorry, that entity
thing just went waaay over my head. I guess I'm the meat and potatoes
guy when it comes to XML. Is it possible that when you add up all the
entities together you end up with illformed XML?

Have you tried invoking XSL/T from the command line? That may give you a
better description of the error.

Unless you modified the WEB-INF/logkit.xconf the logs should be in
WEB-INF/logs. In my experience, sitemap.log is where majority of errors
end up, but some make it to other files as well. I made a habit of
always "tail -f"-ing the sitemap.log in a terminal window - it helps.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
--
Ilya

Manish Shah wrote:

    Hey Ilya,

    I posted my xml file. Let me post my XSL file. There are include in the
    file, used as entities. Let me know if any/all of these should be posted
    as well.

    Also, is there a Cocoon log?

    Manish

    On Wed, 2002-09-04 at 13:44, Ilya A. Kriveshko wrote:

        Don't forget that the XML that is produced by the transformation also
        has to be well-formed. It is possible that your source XML and XSL are
        well-formed but the output XML isn't. Make sure that you don't produce
        several root tags in the output and that you don't output plain
        character data before or after the root element.
        If this doesn't help, do you care to post your files?
        --
        Ilya

        Abhishek Goel wrote:

            your xml is not well formed..