Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2020/11/03 09:13:06 UTC

[DISCUSS] Scheduling of Community calls

(Continue the discussion from yesterday)

Hi all,

It seems that the scheduling of Community Calls are changed when we
switched to the winter time (EU and US timezones as India and China
timezones are the same AFAIK)

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Ozone+Community+Calls

1. Monday sync

Based on the wiki the time of the sync is 04:00 PM UTC (8AM PST) but in
practice we adjusted the time to 05:00 PM UTC (using the old EU / US
local times). New time is 1 AM at China.

Question: If you are in US or in China (or anywhere else), please
express your preference:

  * 4 pm UTC, 8 am PST, 9:30 pm IST, midnight CST

OR

  * 5pm UTC, 9 am PST, 13:30 pm IST, 1 am CST

2. Thursday/Friday sync

For Central Europe the time seems to be moved to 5:15 am from 6:15 am.
While I can manage to join at 6:15 am, 5:15 am seems to be too hard for
me. (But I think only the minority of the participants are affected,
maybe only me).

Question: Is it possible to move the meeting to one hour later?

1:15 PM Beijing, 9:15 PM pst, 10:40 IST, 6:15 CEST

Please share your preference helping to choose the best option,
Marton

Re: [DISCUSS] Scheduling of Community calls

Posted by Rui Wang <am...@apache.org>.
for the Monday sync, as a person in US west, the option of  5pm UTC, 9 am
PST, 13:30 pm IST, 1 am CST will be good (9 am PST works better)

-Rui

Posted by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org>.

On 11/13/20 7:55 AM, Rui Wang wrote:
> It turns out that we have chosen to move the Thursday/Friday sync 1 hour
> later (based on the most recent sync)

Thank you very much. I will update the wiki page (and wake for the call
in this Friday ;-) )

m.

Re: [DISCUSS] Scheduling of Community calls

Posted by Rui Wang <am...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sammi Chen <sa...@apache.org>.
Marton,