Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2004/04/20 15:27:43 UTC

[UPDATE] Copyless forrest branch

I've good news: I've managed to get Forrest working without needing the
Ant property substitutions in the configuration files :-)

I thought that I only needed to work on the forrest: and project:
inputmodules, but in fact we use property substitutions also for the
catalog and the skinconf: and conf: inputmodules.

Anyway, the first iteration is working, but it will take some days to
clean the build system of all the filtering steps that are not needed,
and also accomodate for using user libs if present.

For this, I'm going to branch in SVN to accomodate for this code, so
that we don't break the trunk. As a mater of fact, I'd also like if we
do this branching every time we make big changes, as we should never
break the trunk, now that SVN gives us cheap copying and branching.

:-D

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [UPDATE] Copyless forrest branch

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> I've good news: I've managed to get Forrest working without needing
>> the Ant property substitutions in the configuration files :-)
>
> Excellent - I can't wait to have the time to try this out, should make
> things much easier.

For those interested the "copyless" branch now contains all the current
mods.

OTOMH it should be as easy as doing:

   svn switch \
     http(s)://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xml/forrest/branches/copyless

There are still ATM two issues to be resolved:

1 - the local catalog property is ignored as I didn't yet substiture the
filtering with another system

2 - the imports of skinconf that are made in the stylesheets don't work
anymore. The solution is to include the skinconf in the source
aggregated xml, as had been decided some time back but still not executed.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I've good news: I've managed to get Forrest working without needing the
> Ant property substitutions in the configuration files :-)

Excellent - I can't wait to have the time to try this out, should make
things much easier.

Ross