Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Don Eugene Paul Viado <de...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2022/10/14 16:32:32 UTC

Allow additional layer of security for sharing profiles

Hi,
Just wondering if there is possibility to dynamically change sharing profile link to change from Read/Write for other users you share the link with?In addition, a random generated password for each link?
Thanks in advance.

Re: Allow additional layer of security for sharing profiles

Posted by Don Eugene Paul Viado <de...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Thanks Sean. This is really helpful.

    On Saturday, 15 October 2022 at 01:50:58 am SGT, Sean Hulbert <sh...@securitycentric.net.invalid> wrote:

 This is possible yes, however will require external coding.

We do this with are StormCloud product by writing directly to the Guacamole database, then using the API TOKEN call, random password generated and injected in to the API url call back.  As for controlling permissions on profile share we do this as well after the upload is scanned for malware, then we allow access to the artifact.

Look at direct interaction with the database for set parameters and process events.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Thank You
Sean Hulbert

Founder / CEO
Work Ph: 925.663.5565

Security Centric Inc.
A Cybersecurity Virtualization Enablement Company
We don't just run you through the motions, Our labs teach you how to think!

System Award Management
CAGE: 8AUV4

AFCEA San Francisco Chapter V.P.

If you have heard of a hacker by name, he/she has failed, fear the hacker you haven’t heard of!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication. Content within this email communication is not legally binding as a contract and no promises are guaranteed unless in a formal contract outside this email communication.

igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum!!!

Epitoma Rei Militaris

> Just wondering if there is possibility to dynamically change sharing profile link to change from Read/Write for other users you share the link with?
> In addition, a random generated password for each link?

Neither of those features are currently implemented within Guacamole - doing so would require either modifying one of the current extensions that supports connection sharing (JDBC) or writing an extension that decorates that one and provides that functionality.

-Nick

RE: Allow additional layer of security for sharing profiles

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.