Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2012/11/10 17:08:06 UTC

The Isis CMS site

Just a heads-up on what I've learnt so far about using CMS for our new site

1. I raised ticket INFRA-5483 for this work [1]
2. the site lives in svn, under [2]
3. the format is fixed, see [3]
4. the initial content was taken from a template [4]
5. committers should install the bookmarklet in their browser [5]
6. the staging site can be accessed at [6].
7 browse to the staging site, and click the bookmarklet.  This drops you
into the CMS webgui.  From here can make edit, which is automatically
staged for review.  Publication is then a further click.  See this video [7]
8. as an alternative, committing directly into svn will also cause the site
to be staged.

One other resource to note: [8].

Dan

[2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/isis/site