Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Albert Shih <Al...@obspm.fr> on 2007/03/06 17:05:42 UTC

dump and load

Hi All

I want drop some old revision in my repository, for this I do

	svnadmin dump -r n:LAST MY_REPOS > dump

I erase
	rm -rf MY_REPOS (the repository)

I create new one

	svnadmin create MY_REPOS

and load

	svnadmin load MY_REPOS < dump

But svn make news revision number and the client don't work.

How can I clean drop some old version (because repository too big).

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH
Observatoire de Paris Meudon

Re: dump and load

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Albert,

> 	svnadmin load MY_REPOS < dump
You have to use:

svnadmin load --force-uuid MY_REPORT < dump

> How can I clean drop some old version (because repository too big).
Do you really want to remove old revisions ? You are aware of loosing
the history of the files/directories? Aren't you?

The problem with this approach is, that during the creation of the new
repository the UUID of the repository will change and that's the reason
the client won't continue working.

The other reason is, you have to newly checkout the working copies if
you do such things!

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
--