Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org> on 2018/10/17 06:52:36 UTC

A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

hi, community

Now Dubbo has joined Apache, but we have lots of project that is not under
Apache,
such as dubbo-samples, serialization extensions, and registry extensions
and so on, visit
https://github.com/dubbo for more information.

Everything is hard to begin, so I suggest we could transfer these projects
to Apache group
step by step, and dubbo-samples is a good beginning.

To transfer dubbo-samples, we need to:
1. change groupId to org.apache.dubbo
2. change package name to org.apache.dubbo
3. All files contain LICENSE
4. Other IP clearance things

So, anyone wants to join me to do this, please let me know.

Any suggestions is also welcome.

Sincerely.

Jerrick

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Mentors,

We need some advices about this ticket[1], do you think a SGA is required here?

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Kun Song <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi Huxing and Ian, I have just signed the ICLA :)

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
+1.

As Mark said in another thread, keeping them outside of Apache may
result in rename of the project.
They are both important projects to Dubbo. My suggestion is transfer
them as early as possible.
The later we do, the more work such as IP clearance will be needed to do.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org>.
That's great.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 2:10 PM Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> Just noted that this dubbo-spring-boot-demo project[1] in dubbo group.
> Is it possible to merge this into dubbo-samples?
>
> Agree with merging into dubbo-samples. For uses, they can get all samples
in one place.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
got it, pls. keep us posted.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.
Huxing,

Should we start to transfer?

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Ian Luo <ia...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Xin Wang <xi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Huxing Zhang <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards!
Huxing

Re: A proposal for transfer dubbo-samples to github.com/apache

Posted by Jerrick Zhu <je...@apache.org>.
OK, thank u very much.

Posted by Xin Wang <xi...@gmail.com>.
Jerrick,