Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by armhold <ar...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/11 15:44:07 UTC

form params appear in URL if submitted after session timeout

I notice that if you submit a form after the session has timed out, Wicket
(1.5.4) seems to add the submitted params to the URL of the redirect,
resulting in something like:

   http://localhost:8080/?0&username=username&form1_hf_0&password=SECRET

Is this a bug? If not, is there any workaround for this behavior? I also
tried StatelessForm without luck.

PS: this is easy to reproduce by tweaking web.xml with:

    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>1</session-timeout>
    </session-config>

Re: form params appear in URL if submitted after session timeout

Posted by armhold <ar...@gmail.com>.
Well at least I suffered (too) for it. :-) Sorry for the regression, and
thanks for fixing it. I'm fine reading post params manually, if that's the
prescribed way to do it.

Re: form params appear in URL if submitted after session timeout

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes, we reverted the change requested by you to read the POST
parameters in PageParameters when constructing the page exactly for
that reason.
If you still need to read POST parameters then you have to read them
with getRequest().getPostParameters() in your page constructor.
PageParameters will contain just the GET parameters.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM, armhold <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just built 1.5.5 from source, and the problem is fixed there.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: form params appear in URL if submitted after session timeout

Posted by armhold <ar...@gmail.com>.
Just built 1.5.5 from source, and the problem is fixed there.