Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Dominik Stadler <ce...@apache.org> on 2016/06/05 20:45:13 UTC

How to edit a "Help Wanted" task

Hi,

Maybe I am just blind, but I cannot find a way to edit an existing task that I created before.

The main page at https://helpwanted.apache.org/? shows "I am an Apache committer and wish to add or edit tasks.", but it always brings me to a page where I can define a new task, not edit any existing ones...

If possible please cc to centic@apache.org as I am not subscribed to dev@ currently.

Thanks... Dominik.

Re: How to edit a "Help Wanted" task

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 06/08/2016 06:49 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2016, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> I asked Daniel about this at apachecon. Delete and recreate is the
>> only option (unless someone wants to contribute a patch, which would
>> be very welcome).
>
> I took a look, to see if I could contribute something for this, but... I
> couldn't spot the instructions / readme on setting up my own local
> instance of the help wanted app in the svn area with the code[1], nor on
> the ComDev confluence wiki. Any chance someone could point me at
> something like the whimsy[2] or nearby people[3] local setup instructions?
>
> Thanks
> Nick
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/helpwanted.apache.org/
> [2]
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/projects/whimsy/README
>
> [3] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/nearby_people/readme.txt

Hi Nick,
the code is the documentation right now, I'm afraid.
I'd love to provide some actual docs for it, but I'm pressed for time
with the 37578578 other projects I have to work on right now.

In essence, what you do is replicate the instructions in the comdev-vm
yaml in puppet on a machine, figure out which index HW wants to access
and then create that with a PUT command to elasticsearch and it should
just work.

With regards,
Daniel.

RE: How to edit a "Help Wanted" task

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
I asked Daniel about this at apachecon. Delete and recreate is the only option (unless someone wants to contribute a patch, which would be very welcome).

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.