Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org> on 2020/02/11 19:40:43 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 8.0.6

I've prepared a release for 8.0.6.  The release notes for 8.0.6 are available at:

	https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is%3Aclosed+is%3Apr+milestone%3A8.0.6

or for a brief ChangeLog:

	https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/blob/8.0.x/CHANGELOG-8.0.6

For some details as to what’s new in 8.0.x see:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What%27s+New+in+v8.0.x

Information about upgrading to the 8.x releases from previous major versions is available at:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v8.0

The artifacts are available for download at:

	https://people.apache.org/~bcall/8.0.6-rc0/

SHA512 checksum:

	83b685799e8a10c340a207ab1f97a9fcf7f8cc3e3dc1a281d9789edeceea34c1d9a0a0e2a1478b6819b1b93235cff6ceac50f277ff7c11bb664e8697e14158df

This corresponds to git refs:

	Tag: 8.0.6-rc0

Which can be verified with the following command:

	$ git tag -v 8.0.6-rc0

All code signing keys are available here:

	https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/trafficserver/KEYS

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures

Please test and cast your votes as early as possible.  The vote is open until Friday 2/14.

-Bryan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 8.0.6

Posted by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>.
-1

There was a problem discovered with this release candidate.  I am going to create an rc1.

-Bryan

Re: webp support and some other modules are not built on centos7/8

Posted by "juergenp [core]" <ju...@core.at>.
Hello Alan, hello all!

WEBP for ATS issues:

centos 7

WebpTransform seems to crash ATS immediately on first call.
After the crash, ATS gets restarted and transformed pictures are not
delivered.
it looks like parts of the cached information gets lost and the webpage
itself gets delivered incorrectly, then.

When disabling webp, everything runs fine.

If you need any special error-reports please let me know how to generate
them.

----
centos 8

i tried many different graphicsmagick implementations on centos8 with no
luck.
webp can't be built. the config.log says, that imagemagick is missing.

kind regards

Juergen

Posted by "juergenp [core]" <ju...@core.at>.
Hello Alan,

as i mentioned earlier, the .so file  is not built on centos 7 and centos 8.
i don't know why - maybe the makefile.inc is the issue. i'll check that and
report later.

did you do the exact same installation i did ? with all the yum commands i
wrote down in the list ?
did you select "minimal installation" @ centos setup ?

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com>.

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com>.

AW: webp support and some other modules are not built on centos7/8

Posted by "juergenp [core]" <ju...@core.at>.
Short update:

On centos7 I found WebpTransform.so in the hidden .lib directory in the build-path under

/root/trafficserver/plugins/experimental/webp_transform/.libs

Maybe my problems occur because of because the file is named: WebpTransform.so  instead of webp_transform.si therefor it would explain why the library is missing.

it seems i'*m running version 10?  i pulled here: https://github.com/apache/trafficserver Apache Traffic Server - traffic_server - 10.0.0 - (build # 020216 on Feb  2 2020 at 16:53:44) < https://github.com/apache/trafficserver <https://github.com/apache/trafficserver> >

E-Mail / SIP / XMPP : juergenp@core.at <ma...@core.at>  VoIP / Mobil: +43 676 30 59 244

Posted by "juergenp [core]" <ju...@core.at>.
Hello,

Posted by "juergenp [core]" <ju...@core.at>.
Hello,

i run centos8.  GraphicsMagick-1.3.34-1 is a fork, which is the only way to
get ImageMagick. maybe that could be the problem.  i built with the
mentioned switch - all other eperimental libraries were built. except
webp-support.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Posted by "juergenp [core]" <ju...@core.at>.
Hello,