Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Paul Erion <p_...@yahoo.com> on 2002/04/05 21:53:15 UTC

javac and fileset

Is it possible to use a file set (referenced via an id) to specify the
files to be compiled by javac?  The following is what I have ...

    <path id="compile.source">
        <fileset dir="${source.home}">
            <include name="**/*.java" />
            <exclude name="com.mv.util.BackingStore.java" />
        </fileset>
    </path>

    <target name="build">
        <javac  destdir="${output.home}">
            <classpath refid="compile.classpath" />
            <src refid="compile.source" />
        </javac>
    </target>

and the error I get is (with some of my directory structure stripped
out)...

    c:\Projects\Foo\build.xml:86: C:\Projects\src\bar.java is not a
directory.

I'm using Ant 1.4.1 and JDK 1.3.1_02 on WinXP Pro

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:Paul

p.s., Searching the archives I came across a post by T Master (August
22, 2001) claiming to be doing just what I want, and the sample code
provided is almost exactly what I'm using ... hopefully this means I'm
just being brain dead in some fashion.