Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "John R. Frank" <jr...@mit.edu> on 2013/12/06 14:16:19 UTC

datastax community ami -- broken? --- datastax-agent conflicts with opscenter-agent

Hi C* experts,

In the last 18hrs or so, I have been having trouble getting cassandra
instances to launch using the datastax community AMI.  Has anyone else
seen this?

The instance comes up but then cassandra fails to run.  The most
informative error message that I've seen so far is in the obscenter agent
install log (below) --- see especially this line:

 	datastax-agent conflicts with opscenter-agent

I have also attached the ami.log

I run into these issues when launching with either the browser page:
https://aws.amazon.com/amis/datastax-auto-clustering-ami-2-2

Or command line, like this:

ec2-run-instances ami-814ec2e8 -t m1.large --region us-east-1 --key buildbot -n $num_instances -d "--clustername Foo --totalnodes $num_instances  --version community  --opscenter yes"

Is there a newer AMI?

Any advice?
jrf

Some agent installations failed:

- 10.6.133.241: Failure installing agent on 10.6.133.241.
Error output:
Unable to install the opscenter-agent package. Please check your apt-get
configuration as well as the agent install log
(/var/log/opscenter-agent/installer.log).

Standard output:
Removing old opscenter-agent files.
opscenter-agent: unrecognized service
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 171 not upgraded.
Starting agent installation process for version 3.2.2
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
sysstat is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 171 not upgraded.
Selecting previously unselected package opscenter-agent.
dpkg: regarding .../opscenter-agent.deb containing opscenter-agent:
datastax-agent conflicts with opscenter-agent
opscenter-agent (version 3.2.2) is to be installed.
opscenter-agent provides opscenter-agent and is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing
opscenter_agent_setup.vYRzL0Tevn/opscenter-agent.deb (--install):
conflicting packages - not installing opscenter-agent
opscenter_agent_setup.vYRzL0Tevn/opscenter-agent.deb
FAILURE: Unable to install the opscenter-agent package. Please check your
apt-get configuration as well as the agent install log
(/var/log/opscenter-agent/installer.log).

Exit code: 1

Re: datastax community ami -- broken? --- datastax-agent conflicts with opscenter-agent

Posted by Franc Carter <fr...@sirca.org.au>.
Hi Joaquin,

A quick word of praise - addressing the issue so quickly presents a really
good view of Datastax

cheers

--

*Franc Carter* | Systems architect | Sirca Ltd
 <ma...@sirca.org.au>

franc.carter@sirca.org.au | www.sirca.org.au

Tel: +61 2 8355 2514

Level 4, 55 Harrington St, The Rocks NSW 2000

PO Box H58, Australia Square, Sydney NSW 1215

Re: datastax community ami -- broken? --- datastax-agent conflicts with opscenter-agent

Posted by Joaquin Casares <jo...@datastax.com>.
Hello again John,

Posted by Joaquin Casares <jo...@datastax.com>.
Hey John,