Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ia...@jpmchase.com on 2006/04/05 19:56:49 UTC

LazyInitializationException in Cocoon Portal

Dear List,

I have an application based on Cocoon, Hibernate and Spring Framework which
I have been running successfully for several months.  I recently started
looking into migrating this over to Cocoon Portal.  Now when I access a
Coplet which initializes its view from data retrieved using Hibernate, I
get the following exception:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%205.5
/webapps/cocoon/sarc/views/security.xml:30:44:org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException:
 could not initialize proxy - the owning Session was closed

I searched through the archives at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com but didn't
see anything similiar.  Is this something that others have run into?

Thanks,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

Re: LazyInitializationException in Cocoon Portal

Posted by ia...@jpmchase.com.
Hi Laurent,

This was my first thought as well, however I have the
OpenSessionInViewFilter configured in cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml and it is
working outside of Cocoon Portal.  It is only within the Coplet that I run
into problems.

thanks,
Ian

It's better to be hated for who you are
than loved for who you are not

Ian D. Stewart
Phone: (614) 244-2564
Pager: (888) 260-0078

                      "Laurent Perez"
                      <hakimm@gmail.com        To:       users@cocoon.apache.org
                      >                        cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: LazyInitializationException in Cocoon Portal
                      04/05/2006 05:29
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      users

> I searched through the archives at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com but
didn't
> see anything similiar.  Is this something that others have run into?

I'm not using Coplets, but I guess something in the view is trying to
access lazy associations from your original data. Google for the "open
session in view" servlet filter pattern.

laurent

Re: LazyInitializationException in Cocoon Portal

Posted by Laurent Perez <ha...@gmail.com>.