Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Francois JEANMOUGIN <Fr...@123multimedia.com> on 2004/03/02 16:15:46 UTC

Automatic deployment in tomcat 5

Hi all,

Just a little (simple) question :

I have (from my well known so called developers) several web applications. In additions to the web applications, I have several virtual hosts. Goooood.  Several Host are pointing to the same context (same Context path, docBase, appBase). So, now, the question is, how do I manage automatic deployment ? Can I only declare one of these identical context as auto-deployable ? Should I do it for all Host? What happens if all the Host find a new war, do they do concurrencial deployment in the same application directory ? Should I define this context in the META-INF directory, but, what happens to the Host element in server.xml ?

As you can see, I am in trouble with it. Any tips welcome.

François.

Re: Automatic deployment in tomcat 5

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@jboss.org>.
Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a little (simple) question :
>
> I have (from my well known so called developers) several web
> applications. In additions to the web applications, I have several
> virtual hosts. Goooood.  Several Host are pointing to the same
> context (same Context path, docBase, appBase). So, now, the question
> is, how do I manage automatic deployment ? Can I only declare one of
> these identical context as auto-deployable ? Should I do it for all
> Host? What happens if all the Host find a new war, do they do
> concurrencial deployment in the same application directory ? Should I
> define this context in the META-INF directory, but, what happens to
> the Host element in server.xml ?
>
> As you can see, I am in trouble with it. Any tips welcome.

I think I would deploy your context in the same way that the manager is
deployed, but I have a bit of trouble imagining your setup. I think you
should rely on Ant scripts for reloading of that kind of relatively
complex situations.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat