Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/04 21:19:15 UTC

[ANN] Apache Qpid M2 release

Hi All,

The Apache Qpid team are delighted to announce the M2 release a year
in the making and the first release to include all current code bases.

Apache Qpid provides multiple language implementations of the Advanced
Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) specification and related technologies
including transaction management, queuing, distribution, security,
management and heterogeneous multi-platform support for messaging.
Apache Qpid's overall goal is to create an open and interoperable
implementation for messaging which implements the AMQP specification.

The Apache Qpid M2 release is a major release of all languages. It
constitutes the first code release for C++, C#, Ruby and Python. It
also includes a second major release of the Java code base that now
has complete JMS support. The release has also focused a significant
amount of testing on Stability, Reliability and Interoperability.

For full details about the release and to download the distributions
please go to: http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/download.html

To find out more about the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) go
to: http://www.amqp.org.

Apache Qpid welcomes your help. Any contribution, including code,
testing, contributions to the documentation, or bug reporting is
always appreciated. For more information on how to get involved in
Apache Qpid visit the website at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid.

Thank you for your interest in Apache Qpid and the AMQP standard!
The Apache Qpid Team.

Re: [ANN] Apache Qpid M2 release

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Ted,

Thanks for spotting the issue. I have fixed this and have uploaded the
correct files to the dist dir.

Regards,

Rajith

On Dec 4, 2007 4:31 PM, Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Rajith, Carl,
>
> There is a problem with the gzip files in the M2-incubating/CPP
> directory.  The tar.gz file is an exact copy of the the tar.bz2 file
> (same md5sum even).
>
> -Ted
>
> Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > The Apache Qpid team are delighted to announce the M2 release a year
> > in the making and the first release to include all current code bases.
> >
> > Apache Qpid provides multiple language implementations of the Advanced
> > Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) specification and related technologies
> > including transaction management, queuing, distribution, security,
> > management and heterogeneous multi-platform support for messaging.
> > Apache Qpid's overall goal is to create an open and interoperable
> > implementation for messaging which implements the AMQP specification.
> >
> > The Apache Qpid M2 release is a major release of all languages. It
> > constitutes the first code release for C++, C#, Ruby and Python. It
> > also includes a second major release of the Java code base that now
> > has complete JMS support. The release has also focused a significant
> > amount of testing on Stability, Reliability and Interoperability.
> >
> > For full details about the release and to download the distributions
> > please go to: http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/download.html
> >
> > To find out more about the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) go
> > to: http://www.amqp.org.
> >
> > Apache Qpid welcomes your help. Any contribution, including code,
> > testing, contributions to the documentation, or bug reporting is
> > always appreciated. For more information on how to get involved in
> > Apache Qpid visit the website at:
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid.
> >
> > Thank you for your interest in Apache Qpid and the AMQP standard!
> > The Apache Qpid Team.

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
blog: http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Re: [ANN] Apache Qpid M2 release

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
Rajith, Carl,

[ANN] Apache Qpid M2 release

[ANN] Apache Qpid M2 release

[ANN] Apache Qpid M2 release

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
Also think this email should be sent to :

qpid-users@incubator.apache.org and announce@apache.org

--
Martin Ritchie