Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Christian Mielke <cm...@nc-ag.de> on 2007/10/11 15:33:05 UTC

RAMPART 1.1 How to add SAML token to message

Hi!
I found the example of RAMPART 1.3 where I have to put the token to the options by property:
options.setProperty(RampartMessageData.KEY_CUSTOM_ISSUED_TOKEN, tokenID);
But this doesen't work with RAMPART 1.1. How can I there put my Token of the type org.apache.rahas.Token to the header of the next message for authentication at the service?
Greetings
Chris

Re: RAMPART 1.1 How to add SAML token to message

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Christian Mielke wrote:
> Hi!
> I found the example of RAMPART 1.3 where I have to put the token to the options by property:
> options.setProperty(RampartMessageData.KEY_CUSTOM_ISSUED_TOKEN, tokenID);

This feature was introduced in Rampart-1.3

> But this doesen't work with RAMPART 1.1. How can I there put my Token of the type org.apache.rahas.Token to the header of the next message for authentication at the service?

With Rampart-1.1 you will have to manually create the "Security" header
and then add the token to that header. If you have Rampart engaged with
some configuration as well it will re-use the same security header when
performing other security operations if required.

Thanks,
Ruchith