Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Brian O'Neill <bo...@alumni.brown.edu> on 2012/01/09 16:14:58 UTC

Copy a column family?

What is the fastest way to copy a column family?
We were headed down the map/reduce path, but that seems silly.
Any file level mechanisms for this?

-brian

--
Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (http://healthmarketscience.com)

Posted by "kondo@vivinavi.com" <ko...@vivinavi.com>.

Re: Copy a column family?

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Philippe <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would this apply to copying data from one cluster to another, assuming I do
> a rolling drain and shutdown ?
> Thanks

Only if the tokens also match 1:1 and you copy to the same tokens.  If
they don't match, the easiest thing to do is use the bulkloader, but
until 1.1 it requires becoming a fat client, which means cassandra
cannot be running on the machine you load from.

-Brandon

Re: Copy a column family?

Posted by Philippe <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Copy a column family?

Posted by Brian O'Neill <bo...@alumni.brown.edu>.
Excellent.  We'll give it a try.
Thanks Brandon.

-brian

----
Brian O'Neill
Lead Architect, Software Development
Health Market Science | 2700 Horizon Drive | King of Prussia, PA 19406
p: 215.588.6024blog: http://weblogs.java.net/blog/boneill42/

Re: Copy a column family?

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.