Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/01 13:54:56 UTC

NetBeans 11.2-beta1: broken pom.xml files editing

Hi all,
  I have just realized that with NetBeans 11.2-beta1 pom.xml files are
opened in a vanilla XML editor instead of the specialized POM editor.

This is a major regression in my opinion cause we loose code templates,
groupId/artifactId/version completion for dependencies, code generation,
effective POM inspection, POM dependency graph etc.

Can anyone confirm?

I also see a new "Open Advanced..." menu item in the context menu of a
pom.xml file in Project view that does nothing.

Should I open an issue on JIRA?

Regards,
Alex

Re: NetBeans 11.2-beta1: broken pom.xml files editing

Posted by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Laszlo,
  thank you very much for suggesting this method. Will try later today.

Greets,
Alex

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com>.