Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/16 02:34:50 UTC

Re: MINA 3.0 JDK7+ only ?

On 29 June 2013 21:41, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 6/29/13 7:35 PM, Julien Vermillard a écrit :
>> I think having the codec module java 6 compatible would help to use it
>> with MINA2 or other framework.
>> WDYT ?
> I don't mind if it's JAVA 6 compatble, as soon as we still can benefit
> from Java 7 features in the core.

It seems like the main driver for Java 7 is multicast UDP.

Can that be isolated in a few classes such that the rest of the code
works on Java 6?

So Java 7 would be required for building, but Java 6+ for running.
But it may be too complicated to do.

Re: MINA 3.0 JDK7+ only ?

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 7/16/13 2:34 AM, sebb a écrit :
> On 29 June 2013 21:41, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Le 6/29/13 7:35 PM, Julien Vermillard a écrit :
>>> I think having the codec module java 6 compatible would help to use it
>>> with MINA2 or other framework.
>>> WDYT ?
>> I don't mind if it's JAVA 6 compatble, as soon as we still can benefit
>> from Java 7 features in the core.
> It seems like the main driver for Java 7 is multicast UDP.

Not to mention that Java 6 is EOL since last year...

> Can that be isolated in a few classes such that the rest of the code
> works on Java 6?
>
> So Java 7 would be required for building, but Java 6+ for running.
> But it may be too complicated to do.
I really think we should ditch Java 6. It's dead, buried. Java 7 for the
masses !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com