Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/11/12 05:36:56 UTC

Re: cvs commit:jakarta-jetspeed/build/torque/templates/sql/security Control.vmdefault-roles-perms.vm default-secure-passwords.vm

on 11/11/01 8:30 PM, "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:

> Which Torque.zip? 2.1?
> Ive been screwing with dependency problems between torque and velocity and
> turbine all day, and Im sick of it.
> I couldn't get any Torque versions to compile with the current Turbine used
> in Jetspeed.

That is no excuse. You could have still checked in a .zip file. Having two
copies of all of the individual Torque files in CVS makes no sense.

On top of it, you checked in generated Torque files. Why?

> Im leaving it there.

Nope. I just gave you a -1. Take it out.

> It finally works and it took a long time. I didnt check
> in any java source. Its only the vm templates.

You also checked in yet another copy of velocity.jar. Why?

-jon

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
En lun, 2001-11-12 a 05:36, Jon Stevens escribió:
> on 11/11/01 8:30 PM, "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
>
> > Which Torque.zip? 2.1?
> > Ive been screwing with dependency problems between torque and velocity and
> > turbine all day, and Im sick of it.
> > I couldn't get any Torque versions to compile with the current Turbine used
> > in Jetspeed.
>
> That is no excuse. You could have still checked in a .zip file. Having two
> copies of all of the individual Torque files in CVS makes no sense.
>
> On top of it, you checked in generated Torque files. Why?
>
> > Im leaving it there.
>
> Nope. I just gave you a -1. Take it out.

According to http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html:

 Developers who give frequent and valuable contributions to a subproject
of the Project can have their status promoted to that of a "Committer"
for that subproject. A Committer has write access to the source code
repository and gains voting rights allowing them to affect the future of
the subproject.

(...)

 Any Developer may vote on any issue or action item. However, the only
binding votes are those cast by a Committer. If the vote is about a
change to the source code or documentation and the primary author is a
Developer and not a Commiter, the primary author of what is being
changed may also cast a binding vote on that issue.

End quote.

I know, you are a PMC member (I don't think you can be considered a
Jetspeed subproject committer). But still, if you want to enforce the
decision, a PMC meeting should explicitly tell David to remove the code.

Please, times are hard enough. Try to be more polite when you bash us.
:)

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
En lun, 2001-11-12 a 06:02, David Sean Taylor escribió:
> > in Jetspeed.
> >
> > That is no excuse. You could have still checked in a .zip
> > file. Having two
> > copies of all of the individual Torque files in CVS makes no sense.
> >
> > On top of it, you checked in generated Torque files. Why?
>
> I thought we already discussed that - or is this something different?
> The files in org/apache/jetspeed/om/psml are generated, and I will modify
> the main build to generate them, as soon as we work out which version of
> torque we can use that works.
>

> > > Im leaving it there.
> >
> > Nope. I just gave you a -1. Take it out.
>
> I will take it out when you can provide us with a version of Torque that
> generates OM files that are compatible with the version of Turbine in the
> Jetspeed cvs. Or if we need to update our version of Turbine.jar in the
> jetspeed/lib up to a newer version. However, there are some patches in our
> version of Turbine.jar (turbine-2.2-dev-20010912.jar).

Those patches have not (yet) been applied. I sent them to Jason on
September.

Variable interpolation is broken, both in Turbine-2 and in
jakarta-commons (which implies CVS Turbine).

Also, saving of ExtendedProperties is broken, despite a patch that I
sent more than one year ago to Turbine. Again, it is broken in turbine-2
and jakarta-commons (which, again, implies cvs turbine).

I will publish the patches in my web site ASAP, together with the
history of events, in case people want to have a working feature. They
can choose to apply the patches "on top" of the release.

Maybe we can update to (source) cvs turbine, check in the patches, and
make the build system patch turbine code before building jetspeed.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
> in Jetspeed.
>
> That is no excuse. You could have still checked in a .zip
> file. Having two
> copies of all of the individual Torque files in CVS makes no sense.
>
> On top of it, you checked in generated Torque files. Why?

I thought we already discussed that - or is this something different?
The files in org/apache/jetspeed/om/psml are generated, and I will modify
the main build to generate them, as soon as we work out which version of
torque we can use that works.

> > Im leaving it there.
>
> Nope. I just gave you a -1. Take it out.

I will take it out when you can provide us with a version of Torque that
generates OM files that are compatible with the version of Turbine in the
Jetspeed cvs. Or if we need to update our version of Turbine.jar in the
jetspeed/lib up to a newer version. However, there are some patches in our
version of Turbine.jar (turbine-2.2-dev-20010912.jar).

> > It finally works and it took a long time. I didnt check
> > in any java source. Its only the vm templates.
>
> You also checked in yet another copy of velocity.jar. Why?

Because every version of Torque I could fine would not compile with the
version of Velocity in the Jetspeed cvs.
The version of Velocity in build/torque/lib works with Torque, while the
Velocity jar in jetspeed/lib works with Jetspeed.