Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> on 2003/05/28 08:55:50 UTC

Re: (sub)project dependencies without versioning (agains development vers)

It doesn't explictly support it AFAIK, but there are probably a couple
of alternatives:

1) if you are using CVS, then have your maven.xml check it out, then run
<maven:maven/> to build that version
2) maven:reactor may work with a ".." prefix - not sure. Could try that.
Alternatively, build a maven.xml at the top level and have the reactor
build all your projects - it will pick the correct order.

Cheers,
Brett

On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 16:48, Martin Skopp wrote:
> Eclipse has this wonderful feature where you can define project A to
> depend upon project B, C, D etc.  Which means, it depends upon the
> _current_ development snapshot (=sources) on your harddrive and eclipse
> compiles project B, C, D etc as well if required.
>
> Is the same possible in maven???  If yes, how?
>
> I know all the advantages of versioned jars and yes I know the SNAPSHOT
> feature.
> But it's not the same: You still have to deploy a SNAPSHOT version.  Is
> there any way get the Eclipse convenience in maven?
>
> A quick hack could be to add "../subprojectB/target/classes" etc. to the
> compile classpath.  If one knows the jelly sniplet that does that job,
> please post.

Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au>
f2 network