Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Leeuw van der, Tim" <ti...@nl.unisys.com> on 2004/09/23 12:15:23 UTC

Suggestion for release-notes

Hi,

I'm not sure wether to address this to the users or the dev mailing lists, but decided that the dev list is perhaps more appropriate...

I would find it very useful if the release-notes would list for each change, if the impact is client-side, server-side, or both. That way, I can estimate wether I should update my server or my clients with a new release.

Does that make sense to others? Or not worthwile?

regards,

--Tim van der Leeuw

Re: Suggestion for release-notes

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
"Leeuw van der, Tim" <ti...@nl.unisys.com> writes:

> I would find it very useful if the release-notes would list for each
> change, if the impact is client-side, server-side, or both. That
> way, I can estimate wether I should update my server or my clients
> with a new release.

That's actually a really good idea, and one that would save me the
time of sorting those out when my superiors are asking about whether
server upgrades are *needed* or just *wanted*.

Re: Suggestion for release-notes

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Leeuw van der, Tim" <ti...@nl.unisys.com> writes:
> I'm not sure wether to address this to the users or the dev mailing
> lists, but decided that the dev list is perhaps more appropriate...
>
> I would find it very useful if the release-notes would list for each
> change, if the impact is client-side, server-side, or both. That
> way, I can estimate wether I should update my server or my clients
> with a new release.
>
> Does that make sense to others? Or not worthwile?

That is a great idea, I've committed a reminder for it in
notes/releases.txt in r11122.