Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2011/08/19 22:37:13 UTC

[email] RE: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org

This has come up a few times with different tags: e.g., [email], [Identifying Contributors].

The responses I recall are all variations on preserving the mumble@openoffice.org e-mail forwarding, not accepting new ones, and allowing minimal maintenance (change of forwarding, abandonment).

It is also relevant to the continuing and retrospective identification of contributors in other project artifacts (bug reports, patches, etc.).

 - Dennis

WONDERING ABOUT ...

The personal-information angle is minimized if the existing registrations and e-mail address are preserved, one would hope.  There are probably other formalities that are appropriate in letting users know that a rehosting may happen.

I presume we can satisfy the expectation of privacy as well as when it was handled by Sun and Oracle?

And the alternative, for those folks who are happily using those e-mail addresses and are known by them is that they will suddenly stop working.  I don't see how that wins friends.