Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/10/21 18:22:22 UTC

Sorry for the bogus e-mails...

... I'll try to limit them as much as possible. Since LSD and/or dotnot.org
take 7+ hours to perform builds to get to nagging I need to try smaller
tests & I need to do it against real servers (w/ relay restrictions). Again,
sorry & I'll try to keep the noise down.

regards

Adam
--
Experience Sybase Technology...
http://www.try.sybase.com

Re: Sorry for the bogus e-mails...

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> Ummmm. Would it be possible for you to change the destination of
> the nagging mail from gump@jakarta.apache.org to somewhere?

We agreed to send them here whilst we tested them out. The recent batch was
an accident (sorry about that.)

We need to (as a group, no doubt) figure out if the outputs of Gump[y] are
accurate enough to nag to the real mailing lists.

I know we are getting closer with last night's build, and fix to classpath:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/todos.html

regards

Adam

Re: Sorry for the bogus e-mails...

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Ummmm. Would it be possible for you to change the destination of
the nagging mail from gump@jakarta.apache.org to somewhere?

I once allow-ed mails from non-subscriber (nagging mail)
Sorry >> ALL

-- Tetsuya. (tetsuya@apache.org)

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:22:22 -0600
(Subject: Sorry for the bogus e-mails...)
"Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> wrote:

> ... I'll try to limit them as much as possible. Since LSD and/or dotnot.org
> take 7+ hours to perform builds to get to nagging I need to try smaller
> tests & I need to do it against real servers (w/ relay restrictions). Again,
> sorry & I'll try to keep the noise down.
>
> regards
>
> Adam
> --
> Experience Sybase Technology...
> http://www.try.sybase.com

E-mail: tetsuya@apache.org  http://www.terra-intl.com/
Apache Software Foundation Committer: http://www.apache.org/~tetsuya/
fingerprint: E420 3713 FAB0 C160 4A1E  6FC5 5846 23D6 80AE BDEA

Re: Sorry for the bogus e-mails...

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> > ... I'll try to limit them as much as possible. Since LSD and/or
dotnot.org

> Is it at all feasible to set things up so that you are the only recipient
of
> those mails? Like, a global property or variable that, when set, replaces
> any nag e-mail address with your own.

Yup, that is actually a feature of traditional gump. I don't see it in
Python Gump, I'll get to it.

Actually though, I wasn't talking about the bunch of nags (for me they came
right after I sent that :-) they were sent to the list for checking. I was
talking about the test messages (no work on ...) that were used to see if I
could mail through certain servers (to attempt to address relayign
problems.) Those I test locally fist, but then needed to send elsewhere.
Again, I'l limit them.

>This would be a good debugging
> feature, not only now but also in the future. I'd write a patch if I knew
> Python, knew Gump and had time... none of which are true (sorry).

Hey, no problem. Good input/ideas are as valuable as coding at this point.
Once I get this beastie working/stable [and I take a break, this is painful]
I'll work to ensure it is developer friendly.

regards,

Adam

Re: Sorry for the bogus e-mails...

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
Adam,

> ... I'll try to limit them as much as possible. Since LSD and/or dotnot.org

Is it at all feasible to set things up so that you are the only recipient of
those mails? Like, a global property or variable that, when set, replaces
any nag e-mail address with your own. This would be a good debugging
feature, not only now but also in the future. I'd write a patch if I knew
Python, knew Gump and had time... none of which are true (sorry).

S.