Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Nishanth S <ni...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/02 21:52:05 UTC

Help in generating a report from hbase using pig

Hello All,

I am very new to pig  and  trying to use pig scripts to generate  daily
reports from hbase.I have an hbase table with a single column family.My
requirement is to extract this data from hbase and convert it to a
report.Below are some questions that came to my mind:

Is there a way to load only  required rows from hbase.My hbase row key has
 a salting (0 to 60) as the first part and then a reversetimestamp.How do I
load rows  only for the current day?.

Thanks,
Nishanth