Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Pat Chuss <PA...@phodyn.com> on 1998/08/05 22:10:01 UTC

Re: config/2789: Problems with virtual hosts migrating fromapache_1.2.5 to apache_1.3.1.

The following reply was made to PR config/2789; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Pat Chuss" <PA...@phodyn.com>
To: marcs@znep.com
Cc: apbugs@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: config/2789: Problems with virtual hosts migrating
	fromapache_1.2.5 to apache_1.3.1.
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 11:58:01 -0700

 Thanks for your speedy reply.  I'll fill in the blanks below.

 William Patrick Chuss
 Manager, Information Systems
 VOX:  408-360-3038
 FAX: 408-226-9910
 EMAIL:  patc@phodyn.com

 On 5 Aug 1998, William Chuss wrote:

 > Here is how I have things setup in the httpd.conf file:
 >=20
 > NameVirtualHost 206.52.116.9
 > <VirtualHost 206.52.116.9>

 >> What is your Port directive set to?

 Just the default.

 >> Do you have any Listen directives set?

 No, but I didn't have to set any under 1.2.5.  Should I setup separate =
 listens for
 each virtual host?  Like so:

 Listen 206.52.116.9:8080
 Listen 206.52.116.9:8090

 Then do the virtual hosts calling them?

 <VirtualHost 206.52.116.9:8080>
 ServerName www.phodyn.com
 DocumentRoot /opt/apache/htdocs

 and

 <VirtualHost 206.52.116.9:8090>
 ServerName www.phtn.com
 ServerAlias www.photondynamics.com
 DocumentRoot /opt/apache/htdocs/phtn

 > >Fix:
 > I'm sure this isn't truly a bug.  It's more of a setup issue.  I don't
 > have access to the newsgroups (post capabilities) at this time which is
 > why I'm submitting this here.

 >> That is why we list somewhere where anyone with web access can read
 >> and post to Usenet... (dejanews).

 Sorry about that.  I must have missed that.  I post a message.  I do =
 appreciate
 your attention though.

 Pat