Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Fuzzo <mc...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/08 09:51:48 UTC

Journal Problem

Hi all!
The scenario is the following:
- one producer to topic
- two consumer

Sometimes i get the following error:

ERROR JournalPersistenceAdapter      - Failed to mark the Journal:
org.apache.activeio.journal.InvalidRecordLocationException: The location is
less than the last mark.

This cause one or more consumer to receive the same packets a lot of
times!!!
I think AMQ can't mark packets as consumed in the journal, causing infinite
resends!!!

The configuration is:

<persistenceAdapter>
    <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="15"
dataDirectory="\\nasname.hidden.domain.it\sharename$\journal" />
</persistenceAdapter>

Please help me: this make AMQ unusable for me... :(

Re: Journal Problem

Posted by Fuzzo <mc...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately i have no time to do this things (i don't know JUnit :-/)...

I'm trying with Virtual Topics: i forward packets from a Vitual Topic to two
physical each with only one consumer.

I'll post with news...

Re: Journal Problem

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.