Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/04 13:52:13 UTC

3.11.2 memory leak

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my non prod cluster from 3.10 to 3.11.2.
It was working fine for a 1.5 weeks then suddenly nodetool info startee
reporting 80% and more memory consumption.
Intially it was 16gb configured, then i bumped to 20gb and rebooted all 4
nodes of cluster-single DC.
Now after 8 days i again see 80% + usage and its 16gb and above ..which we
never saw before .
Seems like memory leak bug?
Does anyone has any idea ? Our 3.11.2 release rollout has been halted
because of this.
If not 3.11.2 whats the next best stable release we have now?

Re: 3.11.2 memory leak

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
Likely in the next few weeks.

Re: 3.11.2 memory leak

Posted by Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.11.2 memory leak

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.

Re: 3.11.2 memory leak

Posted by Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

RE: 3.11.2 memory leak

Posted by "Steinmaurer, Thomas" <th...@dynatrace.com>.
Jeff,

Re: 3.11.2 memory leak

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <jj...@gmail.com>.

Re: 3.11.2 memory leak

Posted by Elliott Sims <el...@backblaze.com>.
Are you seeing significant issues in terms of performance?  Increased
garbage collection, long pauses, or even OutOfMemory?  Which garbage
collector are you using and with what settings/thresholds?  Since the JVM's
garbage-collected, a bigger heap can mean a problem or it can just mean
"hasn't gotten big enough for the collector to bother doing any work"

If it's genuinely having memory/heap pressure problems, it's probably worth
getting a heap dump and poking through it to see what's using the space.
For a heap that big, you'll probably need to run the Eclipse MAT CLI tools
against it then open the result in the GUI.