Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au> on 2010/05/06 17:04:28 UTC

Jira fix for

In Jira we have a version: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY/fixforversion/12313760

But it doesn't seem to contain all the things done for 3.0. I was about to add all the tasks for all the milestones to 3.0 (you can have multiple 'fix for' versions) so that we could generate a comprehensive list of all the things done. But then I realised that a good percentage of those are actually bug fixes for bugs introduced within the 3.0 lifecycle.

Should I just add everything that is marked as 'new feature' and ignore the bug fixes? Any other approaches?

I've got the email ready for the user list, but I wanted to add a link to this list at the bottom. It will be quite an impressive list...

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Jira fix for

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Yeah, no idea how to make it relevant for 2.0 users at that level of
detail.

Andrus

Re: Jira fix for

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

Re: Jira fix for

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Jira fix for

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 7/05/10 1:07 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> You are talking about the announcement? I'd say we don't go to the level
> of individual Jiras. This page that you mentioned is a pretty good
> overview of what's new:
>
> http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/guide-to-30-features.html
>
> The rest is in the release-notes.

I've been linking to the list of Jira's for a while now for each release. I like it because it gives you a nice list but also lets users click through to the detail. The release notes in SVN isn't nearly as informative.

The thing is that 3.0 final is a strange release version in Jira with mostly older things that were closed before we had the first milestone. So maybe I can put together a version which gives us a list a bit like this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&type=4&type=2&pid=12310903&status=6&fixfor=-3&resolution=1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

But obviously without the older 1.x and 2.x things.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Jira fix for