Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rob Mueller <ro...@fastmail.fm> on 2004/01/13 02:03:25 UTC

Status of Apache::DAV / mod_dav / mod_perl / Apache 2

Hi

I'm basically trying to find out what the current state of Apache::DAV,
mod_dav, mod_perl and Apache 2 is. Basically I'm looking at ways of creating
a DAV server with access to resources, but abstracted away through PERL code
under mod_perl.

I found this old thread in a mailing list:

http://mailman.lyra.org/pipermail/dav-dev/2001-October/002829.html

Which talks about Apache::DAV for mod_perl 1.0.3. It also mentions that
there are significant changes in mod_dav for Apache 2, but at that stage
Apache 2/mod_perl 2 were still a bit early to be used.

Looking at the mod_dav page, I don't see any updates for mod_dav in Apache
2, nor can I really find documentation on what has changed.

http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/

Also the Apache::DAV module only seems to be for mod_dav 1.0.3, and hasn't
been updated in over a year.

http://search.cpan.org/~grichter/Apache-DAV-0.13/

So basically I was hoping someone could give a quick summary of where things
are at with regard to mod_perl/mod_dav/apache2, if anyone is doing any work
on integrating them still, and where one might look for more information or
examples.

Thanks in advance

Rob