Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Naveen <na...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/23 08:50:09 UTC

Error: class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Ignite instance with this name has already been started: igniteDual

Hi

I am trying to load data from CSV to ignite thru DataStreamer

To improve the efficiency, I have started a new thread for each CSV file I
am loading,

Here is the code snippet I am using

	Ignite ignite = Ignition.start("igniteDual-client.xml");
	try (IgniteCache<String, AssociatedParties> testEntCache =
ignite.cache(Constants.ASSOCIATED_PARTIES)) {

	try (IgniteDataStreamer<String, AssociatedParties> streamer =
ignite.dataStreamer(Constants.ASSOCIATED_PARTIES)) {
		streamer.allowOverwrite(Constants.allowOverwrite);

		FileInputStream inputStream = null;
		Scanner sc = null;
		inputStream = new FileInputStream(fileName);
		sc = new Scanner(inputStream, "UTF-8");
		while (sc.hasNextLine()) {
			String line = sc.nextLine();
			String[] tokens = line.split(Constants.Delimter, -1);
			aAssociatedParties.setAssociatedPartyId(tokens[1]);
			aAssociatedParties.setUpdatedby(tokens[3]);
			aAssociatedParties.setUpdateddatetime(new
Timestamp(System.currentTimeMillis()));

			streamer.perNodeBufferSize(Constants.perNodeBufferSize);
			streamer.perNodeParallelOperations(Constants.perNodeParallelOperations);

			streamer.addData(tokens[0], aAssociatedParties);
		}
	 }

Basically i am using the same ignite config XML for loading.
IN this case, there are 2 files I am trying to load and using the same
config file (attached the config xml as well.

This is the error I am getting
"class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Ignite instance with this name has
already been started: igniteDual"

How can i use unique name for every client, when I omit the instance name
also its throwing error saying the default instance is already connected.

Thanks
Naveen
igniteDual-client.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t1478/igniteDual-client.xml>

Re: Error: class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Ignite instance with this name has already been started: igniteDual

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
>datastreamer which has all the configurations/properties per client basis.
what do you mean? Why do you think so?

It's definitely wrong to create a new client per thread, it creates a huge
needless overhead.

Evgenii

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
You definitely don't need to start a new clients per thread for this

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Naveen,

It looks like you trying to start several Ignite nodes inside one JVM, why
do you want it?

Regards,
Evgenii