Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2014/11/11 00:36:01 UTC

Templates created from snapshots get purged from cloud.template_store_ref

Hi,

In 4.6 I've noticed when I create a template from a snapshot that I can
spin VMs up from this template until I shut the CS MS down and re-start it.

Upon re-start, the template entries in cloud.template_store_ref get purged
(as in completely removed from the table). That being the case, the CS MS
no longer returns these templates as usable, so they're not available, say,
in the GUI to use to spin up VMs from.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I'm doing this on what CloudStack
refers to as XenServer 6.2.5 (which is really XS 6.2 + some specific
patches).

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Templates created from snapshots get purged from cloud.template_store_ref

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
No problem...it will be good to have that in 4.5, too.

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.
Thanks mike.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.