Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2004/10/25 17:17:21 UTC

Sun wants Apache input on JDK futures

Sun is the final stages of collecting requirements for the releases that
will follow Tiger, which means the next 3 years.  So here's your chance to
tell Sun what you would like to see in J2SE versions 6 and 7.  Once we
gather all of the ideas, we can try to see if we can prioritize the list.

I have created a wiki page to collect the information.  Please DO NOT reply
to this message.  Instead, please use general@jakarta.apache.org (so that we
have one open list) to discuss your ideas.

PLEASE NOTE: In order for this information to have the most impact, Sun
needs it by end of this week (October 29th).  [The short time is not Sun's
fault.  They had asked earlier in the summer, but the ball got dropped.  I
just ran into the J2SE lead, who raised the issue again].

	--- Noel

Fwd: Sun wants Apache input on JDK futures

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
FYI

Re: Sun wants Apache input on JDK futures

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> writes:

> Sun is the final stages of collecting requirements for the releases
> that will follow Tiger, which means the next 3 years.  So here's
> your chance to tell Sun what you would like to see in J2SE versions
> 6 and 7.  Once we gather all of the ideas, we can try to see if we
> can prioritize the list.

> I have created a wiki page to collect the information.  Please DO
> NOT reply to this message.  Instead, please use
> general@jakarta.apache.org (so that we have one open list) to
> discuss your ideas.

An open source implementation.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton
Personal:                   http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Re: Sun wants Apache input on JDK futures

Posted by Paco Nathan <pa...@symbiot.com>.
	* Expect-like control structures for stream readers (timeout, regex,
etc.)

	* XQuery support

	* RSS support for streams

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> I have created a wiki page to collect the information.

It would have helped if I remembered to paste the link ...

  http://wiki.apache.org/general/JavaFutures

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.