Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by MacCormac Rinehart <ma...@banfieldpethospital.com> on 2001/05/07 02:34:36 UTC

Cannot create bean of class riddles.Riddler

I know someone posted a message with a problem similar to this about a month
ago, but was unable to find the solution.  I have deployed my riddles
package in the WEB-INF/classes directory for this program.  There is an
empty constructor in the bean.  I have already ruled out a ClassNotFound
exception.  At this point I think I am down to a configuration issue.  I am
using Tomcat 3.2.1.  If someone knows the resolution to this issue, please
let me know.  Thanks,

Mac

PS for further information see below:

This is the useBean tag copied directly from my JSP:

<jsp:useBean id="riddler" class="riddles.Riddler" scope="request"/>

Below is the code in my web.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">

<web-app>
</web-app>

Below is the context entry from my server.xml file:

		<Context path="/riddler"
				docBase="webapps/riddler"
				defaultSessionTimeOut="30"
				crossContext="false"
				debug="0"
				reloadable="true">
		</Context>

This is the try-catch block from the generated servlet code where the error
message is generated:

try {
    riddler = (riddles.Riddler)
Beans.instantiate(this.getClass().getClassLoader(), "riddles.Riddler");
} catch (Exception exc) {
    throw new ServletException (" Cannot create bean of class
"+"riddles.Riddler");
}