Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Frissaer, Jeroen" <je...@be.unisys.com> on 2002/09/06 14:06:11 UTC

Tomcat blocks log file

Hi all,

I'm using Log4J (latest version) in my servlets and JSP's (log tags)
deployed on TomCat 4.0.4
My servlets and JSP's all write to the same log file.  Everything is working
like it supposed to, but I'm encountering one problem:

While tomcat is running I cannot read the log file used, because it is still
in use by TomCat (or my webApp on Tomcat).  How can I fix this?  I want to
be able to read my log file without stopping my WebApp.

Searched the list, but did not find any answer.
Maybe I'm overlooking something.

Best regards
Jeroen