Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Dennis Thrysoe - netnord <dt...@netnord.dk> on 2000/05/18 10:13:31 UTC

Xerces odd behaviour?

Hi,

When Xerces asks my implementation of a org.xml.sax.EntityResolver for an
InputSource it presents me to an altered systemId. I expected to be
presented with the systemId given in the input XML file.

In the XML file I declare the doctype like

<!DOCTYPE root PUBLIC "publicid" "my.dtd">

I then expected resolveEntity to be called with "publicid" and "my.dtd", but
it is called with "publicid" and "file:/c:/my-java-program/my.dtd".

Is this correct behaviour. And if so, why is the systemId altered before it
is resolved?

-dennis