Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net> on 2006/12/21 13:16:04 UTC

[HttpComponents] Another To-Do

Hi all,

I have stumbled over another to-do. Our HttpComponents
sources do not comply with the updated license policy at
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html

The HttpClient 3.x sources have been updated, seemingly
by a scripted batch job. The HttpComponents source still
uses the old style. I'm not sure whether I'll try to run
scripts or just tackle it by hand. Either way, it is on
my list.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: [HttpComponents] Another To-Do

Posted by Roland Weber <ht...@dubioso.net>.
Hi all,

I have so far updated the license headers in HttpAsync,
HttpClient (4.0), and the project directory with the
following exceptions:

checkstyle.xml (no copyright, I can live with that)
license.regexp (probably used by checkstyle?)
*.apt          (no idea how to write a comment in .apt)

Since HttpClient (3.x) is already up to date, moving
code from there should not be a problem. Some of the
files in HttpClient (4.0) already had the new license
header. I'd appreciate if somebody could take care of
.apt and the checkstyle related stuff sometime. It's
not urgent.

I'll update HttpCore eventually, probably next year.
If I've got something to copy from by then, I'll also
take care of .apt and checkstyle there.

cheers,
  Roland