Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jacob Lund <ja...@qualiware.com> on 2001/09/05 13:44:38 UTC

Problem when cancelling during upload

Hi,

If I upload a file to the slide server using Windows Explorer and the
press cancel during the upload, then the server does not perform a
proper rollback.

If I use cloudscape database - then 5 out of 6 time the upload continues
and 1 out of 6 I get the following error:

05 Sep 2001 13:35:26 - slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore - ERROR
- SQL E
xception: ResultSet not open, operation next not permitted. Verify that
autocomm
it is OFF.
ERROR XCL16: ResultSet not open, operation next not permitted. Verify
that autoc
ommit is OFF.
        at c8e.p.b.newException(Unknown Source)
        at c8e.bg.ay.getNextRow(Unknown Source)
        at c8e.z.l.movePosition(Unknown Source)
        at c8e.z.l.movePosition(Unknown Source)
        at c8e.z.l.next(Unknown Source)
        at
slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore.retrieveRevisionDescriptors
(JDBCDescriptorsStore.java:1284)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveRevisionDescriptors(Stan
dardStore.java:480)

If I do this using hsql the upload cancels and the filename appears as a
directory. MS SQL using the i-net driver also uploads the file after
cancel has been pressed.

I am using the slide version 1.0.14

Jacob

RE: Problem when cancelling during upload

Posted by Jacob Lund <ja...@qualiware.com>.
Hi Dirk!

Yes, I am using cloudscape for both content and structure. I have tried
both cloudscape 36 and 40. I run the database embedded and
client-server. This happens when I upload a new resource and overwrite.

What I don't understand is the "ResultSet not open". I have been
investigating a bit and it is only the when I access the directory where
the files has been uploaded.

Unfortunately the problem is not consistent - it is a periodic problem.
I use win2K sp2 and IE 5.5sp2/6.0. As webdav client I use windows
explorer.

If you have a cloudscape, then I could send you a copy og the database.
I think the data is corrupted somehow.

Jacob Lund
QualiWare ApS

> If I upload a file to the slide server using Windows Explorer and the
> press cancel during the upload, then the server does not perform a
> proper rollback.
>
> If I use cloudscape database - then 5 out of 6 time the upload
> continues and 1 out of 6 I get the following error:
>
> 05 Sep 2001 13:35:26 - slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore -
> ERROR
> - SQL E
> xception: ResultSet not open, operation next not permitted. Verify
that
> autocomm
> it is OFF.
> ERROR XCL16: ResultSet not open, operation next not permitted. Verify
> that autoc
> ommit is OFF.
>         at c8e.p.b.newException(Unknown Source)
>         at c8e.bg.ay.getNextRow(Unknown Source)
>         at c8e.z.l.movePosition(Unknown Source)
>         at c8e.z.l.movePosition(Unknown Source)
>         at c8e.z.l.next(Unknown Source)
>         at
> slidestore.reference.JDBCDescriptorsStore.retrieveRevisionDescriptors
> (JDBCDescriptorsStore.java:1284)
>         at
> org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveRevisionDescriptors(Stan
> dardStore.java:480)
>
> If I do this using hsql the upload cancels and the filename appears as
> a directory. MS SQL using the i-net driver also uploads the file after

> cancel has been pressed.
>
> I am using the slide version 1.0.14
>
> Jacob

Some questions:
Are you using cloudscape for both structure and content ? Embeddend or
client-server ? Are you creating a new resource on the server or
overwriting an old one?

Dirk

Re: Problem when cancelling during upload

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.