Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Am...@bci.co.mz on 2006/01/10 16:33:08 UTC

Axis-MyApplication-ConnectionPool

Hi,

I have an application "MyApplication" running normally under AXIS. I
have some methods in "MyApplication" that I call, they do something
using some connections to a database, and return some result to me. I
would like to have those connections in a ConnectionPool because they
take a lot of time. How can I do this? I tought that:

1. I could create a context file under Tomcat to create a connection
pool and use from "MyApplication". The problem is: how can I have access
to the pool if "MyApplication" is not a Web Application, and therefore I
cannot have the context in "MyApplication".

2. I could transform "MyApplication" in a Web Application but again I
would not have access to the context, unless if I call the desired class
of "MyApplication" from a JSP - but that's not what I want. What I want
is a single connection pool, that is always ready to be called, shared
for any call and that can be accessed from "MyApplication".

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks