Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by "Lu, Wentao" <We...@bchydro.com> on 2015/02/20 19:16:01 UTC

Question regarding Chemistry Parts

Hi,

We are currently using Chemistry java and .Net API here, but we have more and more requests looking for CMIS javascript library and find "Apache Chemistry Parts", I have a few questions regarding this library:

1.        Looks like it only support "browser" binding in CMIS 1.1, not web service and atompub, is the correct? Is there a plan to support 1.0 binding in the near future?

2.       Our current CMIS server (FileNet CMIS) only support CMIS 1.0, but looks like if we put Chemistry bridge in front  of it and do the conversion, this Chemistry Part code will work, do you see any potential issues here for this approach (assume we only use 1.0 functions)?

3.       Chemistry Parts has not been released yet, is there an ETA for the release?  In another words, how mature of this library so far?

Thanks
Wentao

________________________________
This email and its attachments are intended solely for the personal use of the individual or entity named above. Any use of this communication by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, any publication, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of its contents is strictly prohibited. Please immediately delete this message and its attachments from your computer and servers. We would also appreciate if you would contact us by a collect call or return email to notify us of this error. Thank you for your cooperation.
-BCHydroDisclaimerID5.2.8.1541

Re: Question regarding Chemistry Parts

Posted by Ben Chevallereau <be...@armedia.com>.
1. I confirm Jay’s answer. Only the browser binding will be supported.
3. There is no release map clearly defined right now. Do you have any deadline or use case that we could help you with?

Ben

Ben Chevallereau | Software Architect
Armedia LLC
website | ben.chevallereau@armedia.com
2000 Riveredge Parkway NW Suite 775 | Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Phone (866) 398-0323 | Skype benjamin.chevallereau

On February 20, 2015 at 6:36:09 PM, Jay Brown (jay.brown@us.ibm.com) wrote:

1. Chemistry parts will only work with the Browser Binding.  (by design)
2.  FileNet CMIS (part of IBM Content Navigator (ICN) product) currently ships a tech preview version that supports CMIS 1.1 (including the browser binding). This is included with all ICN 2.0.3 and later releases.   The unofficial plan is for this to be GA later this year and we update this with every fixpack.

3.  The authors can respond to this one.

Jay

 "Lu, Wentao" ---02/20/2015 10:22:00 AM---Hi, We are currently using Chemistry java and .Net API here, but we have more and more requests look

"Lu, Wentao" <We...@bchydro.com>

"dev@chemistry.apache.org" <de...@chemistry.apache.org>

02/20/2015 10:22 AM

Posted by Jay Brown <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
1. Chemistry parts will only work with the Browser Binding.  (by design)
2.  FileNet CMIS (part of IBM Content Navigator (ICN) product) currently
ships a tech preview version that supports CMIS 1.1 (including the browser
binding). This is included with all ICN 2.0.3 and later releases.   The
unofficial plan is for this to be GA later this year and we update this
with every fixpack.

3.  The authors can respond to this one.

Jay

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |"Lu, Wentao" <We...@bchydro.com>                                                                                                              |
|------------>
| To:        |
  |"dev@chemistry.apache.org" <de...@chemistry.apache.org>                                                                                             |
| Date:      |
  |02/20/2015 10:22 AM                                                                                                                               |
| Subject:   |