Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by "Brown, Carey" <C....@activevideo.com> on 2013/11/22 23:12:01 UTC

Current Documentation Deficiency

To Whom It May Concern,

I'd like to report a serious deficiency in the current trafficserver documentation.

In searching the current documentation:
https://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html
This item from within records.config:
proxy.config.http.uncacheable_requests_bypass_parent

Simply does not exist anymore. The only way we were able to find out about this setting (aside from seeing it with no comments in the current records.config file) was by searching Google and accessing a Google cached page:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:U6gve0K-zWYJ:trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/files.htm+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This single setting was what our issue was where our trafficserver instance was not properly referring https requests to the outbound proxy server. Please address this. Thank you.

Carey Brown
Systems Engineer

Office: 408.931.9033
Mobile: 260.410.2290
Email: c.brown@activevideo.com<ma...@activevideo.com>

ActiveVideo Networks, Inc.
333 W. San Carlos Street, Suite 400
San Jose, CA 95110
www.activevideo.com<http://www.activevideo.com/>

Re: Current Documentation Deficiency

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.

> I'd like to report a serious deficiency in the current trafficserver
> documentation.
>
> In searching the current documentation:
> https://trafficserver.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html
> This item from within records.config:
> proxy.config.http.uncacheable_requests_bypass_parent
>
> Simply does not exist anymore. The only way we were able to find out about
> this setting (aside from seeing it with no comments in the current
> records.config file) was by searching Google and accessing a Google cached
> page:
> http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:U6gve0K-zWYJ:trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/files.htm+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
>
> This single setting was what our issue was where our trafficserver instance
> was not properly referring https requests to the outbound proxy server.
> Please address this. Thank you.

Carey,

thank you for reporting this. I have tracked the issue here:

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-2389

This also reminds me that I should review - at least the v2
records.config for missing entries. Some of them I have culled
because they no longer exist, I might have been to generous in
in that process.

> Carey Brown
> Systems Engineer

-- i
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org
GPG: 8716 7A9F 989B ABD5 100F  4008 F266 55D6 2998 1641