Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Raghu Havaldar <rh...@shodaka.net> on 2004/05/21 19:26:39 UTC

rationale for architecture

Had some questions on how Sandesha was architected.

1. Why is there a need to have the server EPM handler as a separate web
service ?
2. Why should the client EPM handler be a separate web service ?
3. What are the downsides of implementing the WSRM as a Handler within
Axis ? Would this
infact not have simplified deployment/manageability/programming/etc ?
4. How was Sandesha tested ? I do not see any tests in CVS.

thanks

--
Raghu Havaldar
rhavaldar@shodaka.net

Re: rationale for architecture

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Raghu Havaldar wrote:

> Had some questions on how Sandesha was architected.

i think those are good questions that answers should be in documentation :)

> 1. Why is there a need to have the server EPM handler as a separate
> web service ?
> 2. Why should the client EPM handler be a separate web service ?
> 3. What are the downsides of implementing the WSRM as a Handler within
> Axis ? Would this
> infact not have simplified deployment/manageability/programming/etc ?
> 4. How was Sandesha tested ? I do not see any tests in CVS.

for now i started wiki page about it and wrote what i know about

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?SandeshaProjectPages

everybody: please make corrections.

thanks,

alek