Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kumar <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/21 10:56:46 UTC

Ordering Results

Hi,

I have a situation that if user looking for anything first it has to give
the suggestions from the exact match and as well as the fuzzy matches.

Suppose we are showing 15 suggestions.

First 10 results are exact match results.
And remaining 5 results from fuzzy matches.

Can anybody give me suggestions how to achieve this task.

Regards,
kumar

Re: Ordering Results

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Do two searches.

Why do you want to do this though? It seems a bit strange. Presumably
your users want the best matches possible whether exact or fuzzy?
Wouldn't it be best to return both exact and fuzzy matches, but score
the exact ones above the fuzzy ones?

Upayavira