Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org> on 2004/04/08 12:24:44 UTC

rc1

Peoples,

I have just put a src and bin dist for Java 1.1 in

http://xml.apache.org/security/1.1/

I'd appreciate if people could have a look-see, as I've made a few
changes to the way distributions are done.

1.  build.xml now detects a binary distribution, and allows test and
sample targets to run against the JAR files that are distributed in libs.
2.  test src is distributed in the bin version (to allow the junit tests
to run properly)
3.  zips now create a xml-security-1.1 directory when extracting (rather
than dumping everything in the current directory)
4.  updated docs to reflect new version.

and a few other things as well :>.

Let me know if there are any problems.

*NOTE* These are not official distributions.  If everybody is
comfortable, I will move them to dist and update the site, but until
then they are subject to change.  So use with care!

Cheers,
	Berin

Re: rc1

Posted by Walter Hoehn <wa...@memphis.edu>.
FWIW, I've tested the project I'm working on (Shibboleth) with this
binary dist and haven't encountered any problems.

-Walter

Re: rc1

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.
We can (and probably will), but I don't want to actually branch until we
have what we want.

Probably would work either way, I'm just doing it this way out of habit :>.

Cheers,
	Berin

Re: rc1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.

=====

Re: rc1

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>.

Re: rc1

Posted by Erwin van der Koogh <vd...@apache.org>.
> I have just put a src and bin dist for Java 1.1 in
>
> http://xml.apache.org/security/1.1/
>
> I'd appreciate if people could have a look-see, as I've made a few
> changes to the way distributions are done.

The cvs commits looked good. I'll check out the builds tonight to see if I
can break anything :-)

It's quite funny, because I was planning to do exactly the same changes
this afternoon. Guess you beat me to it ;)

Thanks for doing this Berin.. I am swamped at work and I also have to
prepare the XML Security Tutorial presentation for JavaOne before early
next week :(

Erwin