Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Pedro P. Mata" <pm...@chilisystems.com> on 2002/07/03 22:11:15 UTC

SSL Troubles...

Hello All,

    I shot this message out yesterday, and I received no response.  I was
hoping to get some new eyeballs on it today (I apologize if people are
getting this twice).

UPDATE:
The error in Catalina.out is attributed to turning SSL 3.0 OFF in Internet
Explorer.  If you have SSL 3.0 ON, then no errors are thrown, however SSL
still fails to operate.  Additionally I have now tested both the Catalina
SSL and Socket Factory class as well as the New Coyote Factory Class.  Same
problems exist.

    Thanks in advance as this is a troublesome issue.....

THE PROBLEM:

The Setup:

    Tomcat 4.0.1
    FreeBSD 4.5 (w/ Linux Kernal Support)
    Java JRE 1.4

    Problem:

    SSL configured with a publicly signed cert in the keystore as described
by the Tomcat SSL-Config instructions provided by Apache/Jakarta.  The
configuration has been tested using Tomcat 4.0.1 on a WinXP box and SSL
works correctly.  The same server.xml file on 2 seperate FreeBSD boxes does
not work.

    The Browser returns only the message "The page cannot be displayed".  If
I REFRESH the browser, the browser hangs as if it is trying to connect, but
never really times out. (Browser version IE 6.0.26).

    Attached is the Catalina.out file showing active "listening" connections
on the 2 ports that I am specifying for http and https.

Any thoughts????

Pedro P. Mata
Vice President
Chili Systems, Inc.
(203) 255-4895

Re: SSL Troubles...

Posted by "Pedro P. Mata" <pm...@chilisystems.com>.
UPDATE:  I have also verified that my keystore has the proper CA
certtifcates from GeoTrust, as described in the CVS HOW-TO-SSL update.

I have still not found any answers to this issue...
Anybody have ANY thoughts?

Thanks,
Pedro