Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "McGarr, Joseph M." <jm...@nsf.gov> on 2005/06/14 15:58:24 UTC

[m2] Declaring J2EE Dependencies

All:

What is the best way to declare dependencies to packages like javax.*, that
are part of J2EE?  Are these packages made available at the ibiblio
repository?  I have not been able to find them as of yet.

Mike

Re: [m2] Declaring J2EE Dependencies

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, McGarr, Joseph M. wrote:

As of yet there's really no way to do that except declare a dependency
on for instance an open source implementation like JBoss. It would
be neat though, to actually only declare a dependency on an API,
and leave it to the users of the project (if it's a lib) to provide
an implementation..

It's been discussed before - check the archives.

Btw, the SUN jars are not on ibiblio due to licensing, so you'd have to
manually install them (but you can still declare a dependency on them,
see http://maven.apache.org/reference/standard-sun-jar-names.html).

-- EOF

> All:
>
> What is the best way to declare dependencies to packages like javax.*, that
> are part of J2EE?  Are these packages made available at the ibiblio
> repository?  I have not been able to find them as of yet.
>
> Mike

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key