Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Chris Roeder <ch...@ucdenver.edu> on 2013/01/18 23:58:45 UTC

state of HOD

Hi,

I saw a post from Stijn De Weirdt here a while back asking about HOD.
I've been looking at HOD and wondering if some of the difficulties
stem from a difference in python versions. I have 2.7 available on
the cluster I hope to use, not 2.5.

Stijn, are you around? Is your code available?

thanks
-Chris

chris . roeder
*
ucdenver . edu

Re: state of HOD

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Chris,

HOD is end-of-life starting with Hadoop 0.20. It was active while Python
2.5 was in use. I don't know of anyone who used with more recent versions
of python. Also it isn't tested with later versions of Hadoop.

Starting 2.0, Hadoop itself has resource management built in as part of the
sub-project YARN. You can consider that in place of your current setup of
traditional RM+HOD.

HTH,
+Vinod

--