Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Rucha Kolhatkar <ru...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/09 07:42:30 UTC

Looking for Ways to Contribute

Hi,

I'm interested in contributing to Commons Math, and I don't see anything
for Taylor series Maclaurin series or Fourier series. Does anything exist
for these series in Commons Math? If not, I'd like to work on submitting
patches for these series. Please let me know.

Sincerely,
Rucha.

Re: Looking for Ways to Contribute

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Le jeu. 9 sept. 2021 à 09:42, Rucha Kolhatkar
<ru...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in contributing to Commons Math,

Welcome.

> and I don't see anything
> for Taylor series Maclaurin series or Fourier series. Does anything exist
> for these series in Commons Math?

Perhaps an extension/refactoring of the functionality in package
"o.a.c.m.analysis.polynomials".[1]

> If not, I'd like to work on submitting
> patches for these series.

Could you provide pointers describing the functionality, and show
some examples of the intended usage?

Best regards,
Gilles

[1] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-math.git;a=tree;f=commons-math-legacy/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math4/legacy/analysis/polynomials;hb=HEAD