Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org> on 2018/08/17 12:38:35 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache HBase "stable" release line is now 1.4.6+

Hi HBase Community!

The HBase developers would like you to know that we have updated the
"stable" release pointer to the 1.4.6 release. As future 1.4.z
releases are made the stable pointer will track them. All users of
releases prior to 1.4.6 are advised to upgrade to the new stable
release line.

The prior stable release line was 1.2.z. I'm in the process of getting
releases on that branch going again. Users of that release line are
advised that once releases start again they will continue monthly for
a period of about 6 months before the branch moves to end-of-life.

If you are currently a user of a release line older than 1.4 and
there's anything that would make your transition to the stable release
line easier, please let us know either via the mailing list or JIRAs.